Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Okay, I know its not "real" school yet, but just the same, I am leaving my kids with strangers 7 1/2 hours a week.  Monday, Emma and Taylor started preschool.  I didn't think I'd be emotional about it.  They (and I) were really ready to start preschool.  I think we all needed a break from one another and they needed to learn how to take instructions from some other adults. 

They were very excited and not a bit concerned about being in a new place with strangers.  I guess that's a benefit of being a twin (and already having another good friend in their class.)

I picked them up after their first day and they had lots to say.  They played a lot.  Someone brought birthday treats.  Cookies with peanuts in them.  Obviously those parents did not attend the parent meeting.  Taylor has a peanut allergy, so instead of cookies, she had cereal.  Oh, its a good thing she is responsible and that her teachers are going to take care of her.  Not just her, but Emma, too.  I know that we have placed our children in good hands.



Notice the beautiful bouquet of leaves that Emma made for her teacher.  I'm sure it will be the first of many "treasures" she gives her.


They love their new backpacks, even if they are a little large for them.  I got the chalkboard idea from my friend Rashelle.  I love the idea of having something the same about each year's first day.  Since we will not live in our tiny house through graduation, at least we'll always have that chalkboard, and hopefully a tree!

And yes, a few tears escaped my eyes as I left them there, but just a couple.  I then went home and enjoyed some quiet time in my home by myself.  Yes, I think this will be good for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. What a couple of cuties!!! The princess backpacks really complete the outfit. AND your chalkboard is much cooler than mine PLUS it will probably LAST for the next 13 years unlike mine.

    ReplyDelete