Thursday, September 22, 2011

First Few Days With Winnie

The first few days with Winnie have gone pretty well.  I am feeling a little sleep deprived, though - very much like a having a newborn baby.

The first night we put her in a box and she was just not having it.  She whined/barked so loud that it woke us all up at 2:00 in the morning.  The girls called me into their room and this was our conversation.

Taylor:  Mommy, that puppy is waking me up.
Me:  I know.  She's really sad because she wants to play and we are making her stay in bed.
Emma:  That's just like Lady and the Tramp.  She wanted to play too, but they made her stay in the basket.

Last night Winnie was trying to eat out of Oscar's bowl with him so he barked at her.  She ran away and cowered.  He then took a mouthful of food and dropped it in front of her.  How sweet is that!?!

At 4:00 in the morning I had just taken Winnie out to go potty.  Will asked if that was the first time she had gone out.  I told him it was the third and that he was getting more sleep than he realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment