Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Impatient Teacher

We have two tricycles that the girls have tried repeatedly to ride.  Emma has tried really hard, with very little progress.  Taylor has refused to try.  The girls are almost 4, so I thought maybe they were already too big for them.  I found a small bike with training wheels at a garage for $5.00 and we took it to the park today.  (I know, a great deal, right!)

Emma struggled for a minute, but then was riding with no problem at all.  I was so excited and so were Taylor and Emma!  Taylor couldn't wait to give it a try...until she got on the bike.  She went no where.  I pushed and showed her how to move her feet.  Still no progress.  It didn't take long for her to decide to quit. 

I know that I shouldn't have, but I got frustrated.  I said things like, "All your friends will know how to ride a bike and you won't", and "We'll all be able to go on a bike ride and you won't get to go with us."  I know, you don't have to tell me.  I feel like a terrible mother.  I need to apologize and ask her forgiveness.  I suppose someday she'll learn how to ride a bike.  That is exactly the reason I could not homeschool my children.

On a side note:  I have changed the settings so you can leave comments without having to set up any kind of account.  Let me know if you have any questions about it.  Since I have closed Facebook down for the summer, feel free to visit often, leave comments, and follow publicly if you'd like.  I love hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment