Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tangled Birthday Party

 A few weekends ago we celebrated the girls' fourth birthday by having a "Tangled" party.  In case you are unfamiliar, that is the new Disney movie based on Rapunzel.

There are tons of marketed items for this very event, but being on a limited budget, I chose to make the items myself.  I did splurge on Tangled napkins.  I scoured the internet for ideas and found quite a few that were inexpensive and very doable for a non-crafty person like me.




 This is Rapunzel's tower cake that I made.  Most websites used cupcakes or doughnuts, but we used ding dongs.  Will screwed a dowel rod into a piece of plywood to hold them in place.  It sure is nice having a handy husband.  I have to give him credit, the ding dongs were his idea, too.



 These are the "royal flags" with the "golden royal sun" that was displayed in the movie.  I just drew these free hand and stapled them to some ribbon.



A funny joke in the movie is that Flynn's nose is never right on the wanted poster, so we played "pin the nose on Flynn".  Taylor cried for quite a while because she didn't put it where she wanted it.  Everyone kept telling me to let her try again, but being the mean mom that I am, I didn't.  What would that have taught her?



We concluded the party by watching Tangled and eating pizza.  Most of their friends were there (we missed you, Max and Lincoln) and a few family members were able to come.  All in all, it was a very nice party.  These girls are incredibly blessed by the many people who love them, and we all are blessed by these girls as well.  I can't believe they are four years old - the time truly does fly.  We love you, Emma and Taylor!


3 comments:

  1. Love the tower cake...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I don't know you but this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you found some ideas you can use!

      Delete