Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day

In case some of you have missed it, here is quick reminder - tomorrow is Father's Day.  I thought I'd take a minute to share some of the things I love about my Dad!

My dad was tough, but when it came to his girls, he was a big softy.  I guess that's true of most dads with daughters, though.  We could pretty much talk him into anything.

My dad was fun.  All of my favorite pictures of him are action pictures.  Ones were we are being thrown in the air, chased from under the coffee table, riding on his back, etc. 

My dad cared about other people.  He often says that my mom was the reason we helped so many people out, but my dad was a big reason too.  He fixed cars for single women, gave away pieces of furniture to people who needed them.  One of his nephews even lived with us for a couple years.

My dad is great with people.  My dad makes anyone feel like they are part of the family and like they've know each other for years, even if they've just met.  He can also talk people into just about anything.  I had friends who would bring him slushes when they came over, just because my dad told them they should!

My dad cares deeply for his family.  He would do anything and everything to help in a time of need and would do anything at all to keep his kids, grandkids, and wife from being hurt.

God has done amazing things in my dad's life and has softened his heart a lot over the years.  Sure, we all were embarassed at times and felt unfairly punished, but that's part of growing up.  My dad is great and I am so glad that he has impacted my life, and so many others, in such a positive way.

I love you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment