Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer

I love summer. I know, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense because I'm a stay-at-home mom. I mean, really, how different can the summer be from the rest of the year?

Actually, it looks a lot different. Summer is not just a season, its a state of mind. I feel the overwhelming need to spend lots of extra quality time with my kids, husband, extended family, and friends. In the summer, that's not hard to do. The days are longer and there are cheap, fun things to do everywhere!

I have logged off Facebook for the summer (an obsession that I'm embarrassed to admit I have) and have compiled a list of goals for us. I'm not sure how it will go, but I'm going to try.

1. Go to a park once a week.
2. Go to a place (zoo, Botanica, Riverfest, etc.) once a week.
3. Go to the library once every two weeks.
4. Hang out with friends whenever possible!
5. Eat lots of meals on the back porch.
6. Swim lessons on Mondays.
7. Swim for fun once every two weeks.
8. Blog at least once a week.
9. Celebrate our 9 year anniversary, girls 4th birthday, Father's day, 4th of July, cousins' birthdays, and spend a weekend in Branson.
10. Spend as much time as possible out of my house so I don't need to clean it as often.


I'm leaving you with a few shots from our last trip to Botanica. The girls found the perfect grassy knoll to dance barefoot in and Taylor found a ladybug. That's what summer is about, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment