Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This post is kind of late, but I forgot my camera at the girls' school and couldn't get it until today.  That's just the way things go.

Emma and Taylor's school had a Thanksgiving feast last week.  It was a BIG deal.  Parents donated, prepared, decorated, and served the kids.  Each grade had a responsibility for helping - the kindergarteners made place mats.

All the kids got to eat with their buddy.  I have great pictures of the girls with their third grade buddies, but I'm not posting them because I don't know or have permission from their parents.  Emma and Taylor absolutely adore their buddies.  I even caught Emma's cutting her meat for her.  How sweet.



The days leading up to Thanksgiving we spent time every night talking about one thing we were thankful for.  We wrote it on a "leaf" and glued it to a stick.  It was our tree of Thanksgiving.  It was good for the girls because they sometimes had a hard time thinking of things.

Here are our lists:

Will
getting off work
Mommy's good cooking
having dinner together
days off
weekends at home with the family
a wife who makes my lunch every day
T.V.
*I kind of think that maybe he likes us. :)


Emma 
Jesus
pumpkin pie
nature
blankie
snow
turkey


Taylor
bugs
colors
my mommy and daddy
my toys
my dogs
my sister
money
nature

Alisha
Jesus died for me
dishwasher
books 
coffee
getting to be a stay-at-home mom
getting mail that's not a bill
music

Happy Late Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to getting mail that isn't a bill! (and the coffee!) (and Jesus dying for my sins!) :)

    ReplyDelete