Thursday, December 20, 2012

December

December has been a whirlwind of activity.  Strangely, I think January is going to be busier.  This month has brought a lot more volunteer opportunities at the girls' school, which I've enjoyed, and of course, all sorts of holiday festivities.

The first weekend of the month my parents and sister went looking at Christmas lights with us.  I've decided that we just went too early.  Not very many lights were out yet.  We went to the parade on the river, but because of the recent drought, there was no river.  We found a few houses to look at, but overall, it didn't meet my high expectations.  We did enjoy spending time with family, though.  I wish I would have taken a picture of my mom, sister, and me crammed in the backseat.



Last weekend we took the girls to visit Santa Claus.  They were not impressed by the first Santa we saw.  In fact, Emma wouldn't even sit on his lap.  They were convinced he wasn't really Santa and questioned how he got is suit.  We finally decided that Santa needed some helpers and lent some suits to a few guys to help out.  We then headed way across town to find the "real" Santa.  We drove so long that one of the girls asked if we were driving to the North Pole.  Relieved, we found the real thing.




I was happy to find that this year, the girls were actually very helpful in the cooking baking department.  Past years have proven to be more work than fun for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment