Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween 2012

The girls had two opportunities to dress up this year.  The first was their school's Fall Fun Night.  It was an event filled with carnival style games, candy, and incredible balloon creations.  Taylor was a zebra.  My mom had this body suit, but it didn't have a head or tail.  I had to make those.  I was pretty impressed with myself.  She didn't like wearing it much.  It inhibited her ability to see.  Its a miracle we got any pictures of her in it.  Emma was a bride, which she decided on two days before.  Luckily, Will's mom had previously given us this beautiful white dress.  Thank goodness for grandmas.

I told you they were impressive!  Emma's was a bear hugging a heart.

Taylor's was a butterfly sitting on a flower.
We carved jack-o-lanterns a few nights before Halloween.  I encouraged the girls to just do plain ol' jack-o-lanters, knowing that we wouldn't do a pattern justice.  They chose patterns anyway.  Taylor chose Snow White and Emma chose Minnie Mouse.
I'm trying to teach Taylor that she doesn't have to be a ham in every picture.




Minnie looks pretty good, but Snow White looks more like a piece of modern art with block features.  Unfortunately, I was the artist of that one.

Halloween night we went trick or treating with good friends.  I couldn't get the camera to work right so we didn't get many pictures.  Turns out I didn't have the flash on.  Who would think to check a thing like that?


By the time we got to the end of the block, Taylor had taken off her hat and we'd forgotten her tail.  Emma had taken off her veil and we'd forgotten her flowers.  So, it turns out that they went trick or treating as a girl in a pretty dress and a girl in a leotard.  That's okay, no on seemed to care.


No comments:

Post a Comment