Friday, October 26, 2012

First Concert

The first concert I remember going to was New Kids on the Block.  I was in fourth grade.  I remember every detail of it.  Waiting in line to buy tickets.  Wearing my holey jeans with my giant NKOTB button on my shirt.  Driving home from Wichita with Emmy, Crystal, my mom, and Crystal's mom, Olivia.  I could go on with the details, but you get the picture.  It was a big deal.

A few weeks ago, we took the girls to their first concert.  The Imagination Movers.  Here's a link for you to watch.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQHjg0vhQKw    I have to admit, Will and I like the Imagination Movers just as much, if not more, than the girls.  Its music that gets us all dancing. 

I don't know if you've ever watched a video of a "kid" concert, but our experience was right out of a commercial.  There were balls thrown into the audience and toilet paper sprayed from the stage. Confetti shot out of cannons.  Taylor and I were immediately up on our feet doing all the dance moves we had practiced so often at home.  It took Emma and Will a while to follow suite.  Emma just watched from her seat with her head in her hands, a smile plastered on her face.

The end was approaching and they took the fun to a more subdued level.  They thanked the parents for bringing their children.  Thanked us for giving them the gift of our time and attention.  I looked at Taylor and she had tears rolling down her cheeks.  I didn't say anything.

In the car on the way home she said, "I was so happy when they talked about you giving us a gift that it made me cry!  That has never happened to me before."  She is definitely a child after my own heart.  I explained to her that everything makes me cry!

Please excuse the terrible phone picture - I forgot my camera.

1 comment: