Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Abilene, Kansas

I have to get my posts caught up!  I know people will be clamboring to see pictures of the girls' Halloween costumes, but I can't go out of order! 

A few weeks ago, (I feel like I start a lot of posts that way) we went to a family reunion in Abilene, Kansas.  We got to visit with family and enjoy the charming town.  While we were there we took a ride on an old fashion carousel.



It was different than what we are all used to.  Instead of the horses going up and down, they rocked jerkily back and forth.  It had a pipe organ that blasted the music instead of a recorded song.



We spent time with Will's cousin Callie, and her daughter Hailey.  Its nice that we have cousins our age to hang out with!
We spent some time exploring the downtown antique shops.  The girls enjoyed looking at everything shiny, fancy, or girlie.
I was really sad that we didn't get to the soda fountain before they closed.
Looking forward to our next visit!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment