Friday, March 16, 2012

Irish Heritage

 
Last year, Taylor was the grumpy one.  This year is was Emma.  She absolutely did not want her picture taken.
She was then super sad that her picture was not taken.  The camera man was very patient with us.
 Since St. Patrick's Day is on a Saturday this year, the Rainbows United Annual Blarney Breakfast was held today, Friday.  You can read more about our person connection to it here.  Our plan was to wake them up at 6:10 and leave by 6:15.  Taylor was awake at 5:00 and finally got up at 5:50.  I think she was just as excited as she was on Christmas morning.  She's taking a nap now.  We all had a good time, but they still cover their ears when the bagpipers start playing.

I always enjoyed St. Patrick's Day.  I wore green and looked for people to pinch.  I now have a love for it.  Will's dad is full Irish.  In fact, he looks a bit like a tall leprechaun.Will is half Irish.  The girls, therefore, are at least a quarter Irish.  I'm not really sure about my heritage, but I'd bet there's some Irish in there somewhere.  Anyway, its fun to celebrate our pasts. I think I'll do a bit more digging into mine.


These pictures were taken with Grandpa H on his birthday.  Do you see the leprechaun resemblance?

No comments:

Post a Comment