Friday, November 18, 2011

Who Done It?

My home is quiet, the girls are at school.  I'm listening to Bluegrass Hymns.  It is well with my soul.

The girls were sick from last Tuesday, to this past Tuesday.  One full week.  That's a long time.  It wasn't much - cough, fever, laryngitis - but just enough to keep us cooped up in the house.  I hate those times.  The first few days they're just cuddly and tired.  As the time goes on though, they get fussy, irritable, and no fun at all.  I also get fussy, irritable, and no fun at all.

I did get one short break though, thanks to my parents.  I had purchased a Groupon last December for a mystery dinner at a bed and breakfast in Stafford, Kansas.  We scheduled it in September, so there was no getting out of it.  We went with some good friends, and some new friends.  We had a great time.  There wasn't a whole lot of sleeping because of late-night game playing and hunters that were staying in our house.  They got up early, but strangely didn't ever leave for hunting.

Don't worry, it was just root beer and grape juice.
This is our group.  We really did have fun.  I won't tell you who the murderer was, just in case you play the game sometime.  Stafford was such a tiny, quiet town.  It's nice to visit new places.  Don't plan on a getting a late night snack though, the gas station closes at 11:00.

I was a movie star and Will was an old man from Italy.  He looked more like he was from Mexico.

Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for keeping our sick kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment