Saturday, June 23, 2012

10 Years

Will and I celebrated ten years of marriage yesterday.  My goodness, time goes fast.  I'll keep the sappiness to a minimum, but let me tell you - I married a really good guy.  He is definitely my favorite person to hang out with.  We have both changed A LOT in ten years, but what holds us together is a firm friendship and our faith in God.


Since we went to to San Diego a few weeks ago, we felt like a night out might be a bit overindulgent.  We chose, instead, to make it a family celebration.  We all got dressed up and had a fancy dinner.  If you look closely at the table you will see that I finally just decided on Chili's takeout.  Way less clean up.


Afterward we watched our wedding video and looked through pictures.  They got bored pretty fast with the video.  I knew they would.  At one point Emma said of Dave, the pastor, is that really how he talks?  I said yes.  Then she gave a very impressive impersonation.  This is only funny if you actually know Dave.

The girls were in awe of my wedding dress.  Taylor covered her mouth when she saw it.  One of them said (I wish I could remember which one),

"Did you use your real voice?"
"Yes."
"No, brides talk like this."
She then demonstrated the high pitched voice that I should have used at my wedding.
Thank you, Disney princess movies.




1 comment: