Sunday, July 1, 2012

Emma's First Lost Tooth

Emma's tooth had been pretty loose for several days.  After seeing me pull Taylor's last tooth, she was determined there was no way we were pulling hers.  I have to admit, Taylor's really wasn't quite ready.  Anyway, Emma wanted hers to "just fall out".  Okay, I didn't have a problem with that.

The problem came though, when the tooth wasn't falling out and the new tooth was growing in.  I was  very concerned that this was going to cause the new tooth to grow in crooked.  I told her she didn't have a choice, she needed to get that tooth out.  I gave her instructions to wiggle it constantly.  Finally she said Will could try to pull it out.

After three attempts and a little blood she declared the pulling session over.  It did not come out, but it was more loose.

We went to a barbeque last night and Emma came to me and said, "My loose tooth is bleeding."  We looked in her mouth and the tooth was gone.  We asked her what happened and she said, "Nothing."  We went to the basement and luckily, found her tooth on the floor.  It turns out that she really did "lose" her tooth and it really did "fall out".

She's been pretty nonchalant about it.  I asked her what she thought about losing her first tooth and she said, "Oh, alright."  I asked her if she felt better about losing her next you (there is another one lose), she said, "I don't know."  She didn't even remember this morning.  She walked into our room and Taylor came running in after her saying, "Emma!  Look what the tooth fairy brought you!"
Pretty strange for a girl who gets too excited about everything else.

The tooth fairy brings dollar coins at our house.  Just so you know, they're not easy to find. She has to ask if they have any every time she goes to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment