Friday, July 20, 2012

Catch Up Blogging

It has been several weeks since my last post.  Life has been busy.  Really busy.  I even logged off Facebook for the summer and haven't even missed it.  I haven't really had time to miss it.  I even contemplated not getting back on.  The hubby discouraged that.  He says its nice to see what people are doing and keep in touch.  Interesting.  He doesn't even have an account.  I guess we'll see what September holds.

I'm going to try to catch up on a few events over the next few days.  I say days, but it really might be weeks.

Independence Day:  We traveled to my folks' house for the day where we got to visit with my mom's brothers and sister, their spouses, and a few of my cousins.  I had a great time seeing everyone - I wish we all lived closer together.

We spent the afternoon looking at old slides on an actual slide projector.  It wasn't my grandpa's kitchen, but we still had a good time.  I cannot get enough old pictures and the stories that go with them. 

We had a cookout and lit a few fireworks in the front yard.  My kids didn't like them much.  They watched from inside our van where it had to have been 150 degrees.  That night while watching the big fireworks, Taylor cried and covered her ears and eyes.

The girls got to participate in the parade that morning.  Taylor rode on the motorcycle with my dad and Emma rode with some of her cousins in my dad's convertible.  Will drove while my brother-in-law rode on the back with his kids.  It was a big day for everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment