Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gymnastics

Its been awhile, but I'm going to get caught up on blogging this week.  At least that is my attempt.

As you may, or may not remember, the girls started taking dance several months ago.  You can read about it here.  It lasted  two months.  That is why we signed up for the pay-as-you-go monthly class.  They wanted to do gymnastics again.  I reminded Emma that she didn't like it and that she cried when things got too hard.  She still wanted to do it.

We told them this was the last switch.  They could try it one more time and then they would have to stick with something.  Things were different this time around.  Maybe they (Emma) was more grown up up this time.  She worked harder and didn't get as frustrated.  They also had a wonderful teacher who was very patient and energetic.  They ended the year with a little recital.

Taylor smiled and had a great time, but just as with their end of the year school program, Emma experienced a bout of stage fright.

There was some yelling at us from her mat asking for confirmation that it was okay for her to just sit there.

"IS IT OKAY?"
I shook my head yes.
"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
I shook my head yes and mouthed the word yes.
"WHAT?  I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
Will then shouts back, "YES, EMMA, THAT'S FINE!"

She finally got over her stage fright and joined in.  Although she still scowled.





Everyone got a medal for participation at the end.  That brightened her mood.  Thank goodness she decided to participate. 






Afterward they had free time to show us some of their favorite activities and some of the things they had learned.  I think we're definitely sticking with gymnastics.










No comments:

Post a Comment