Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rejuvenation for the Soul

We've had a few bad sleeping nights and this morning when I woke up I was really feeling the effects.  Not only did they sleep bad, but it was 6:30 in the morning and they were already awake.  How is that possible?!?  I was grumpy and anyone who crossed my path would have noticed it.

I knew immediately that I needed to spend some alone time in the Word to rejuvenate my soul.  Alone time. HA! 

I told the girls that I needed to read my Bible and pray before breakfast and they needed to play for awhile.  Emma, instead, said that she too, wanted to read her Bible!  "What a blessing", I thought to myself, "God, you know just what I need".  Taylor then sat down beside us and began hitting Emma because she wanted that Bible!  So much for rejuvenation for the soul.

I was finally able to sit quietly and pray.  I've been reading Jesus: 90 Days With the One and Only by Beth Moore.  Today's reading was about confession of our sins and repentance.  She discussed the importance of naming the sin and talking to God about why it doesn't agree with God's Word (pg. 63).  She goes on to say that "daily confession is like refreshment to our souls".  That is exactly what I was needing!

I sat down looking for God to give me something or do something for me.  Instead, it was I, that had some work to do.  Isaiah 44:22 says, "Therefore, make us quick to return to You, for you have redeemed us.  Make us eager to wear Your righteousness and holiness as You are to wear our sins."

I asked for forgiveness for my bad attitude and prayed that I would instead be filled with joy, patience, kindness, and gentleness. 

Yes, God did indeed, know just what I needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment