Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Somethin's Fishy

I LOVE to eat fish.  When somebody else makes it.

I have tried, and tried to cook good tasting fish, and I just can't do it!  I'll find a good recipe and it will work one time and then not the next.  My husband, Will, is great about it.  He politely eats it and doesn't complain.  He might say something like, "Yeah, maybe it could have been cooked a little less", or "Yeah, you definitely need the sauce."  The whole time I'm thinking, "This is awful!"

We have a rule with dinner.  Everybody has to try it.  You don't have to eat it all, you just have to try it.  Last night as I was eating that tasteless fish, I wished we didn't have that rule.  Taylor tried it, and that was it.  She didn't finish it.  Emma, on the other hand, refused.  She cried, but finally gave in.  Good girl.  I knew she wouldn't like it, but hey, rules are rules.  And I am a stickler for rules.

So...if anyone has any suggestions for how to cook fish, I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. Use recipes with a heavy mayo base. It keeps the fish moist! I have better luck with those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we enjoy tilapia with olive oil, garlic, pepper, and some bread crumbs sprinkled on top. Quick, easy, and pretty healthy.

    ReplyDelete