Monday, April 11, 2011

Fun on the Farmstead



This past weekend we went on a mini-vacation with some very good friends of ours. I have always wanted to do that, and I am so glad we did! We had four adults, and five children under the age of 6! We filled the whole conference room at breakfast!

We spent the first day at The Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead in Overland Park. This place was great. We saw every farm animal imaginable, and even some that you wouldn't!




There was fishing.



There were pony rides.




There were baby goats.






Emma LOVED the baby goats.




We had a great time. It was super cheap and even though the kids were tired, they enjoyed themselves too. I would definitely be there all the time if we lived closer.
I'll write about day number two some other time. I have to go catch up on all laundry we dirtied while we were away.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to go! It is the best place for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about that farm - we may take Mackie this summer when we're in the KC area. Your girls are super cute...so are those three extra friends that joined them! :)
    - Amy

    ReplyDelete