Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter


Easter has been a favorite holiday of mine since I was a small child. We got new dresses, went to church, and had our Annual Manuel Egg Hunt. (I'll post about that next week.)

When Will and I got married, we declared that Easter would be "our" holiday. We traveled for all others, but wanted to be home for Easter. Anyone who wants to come is invited. Our home is tiny, but it never feels too small in my opinion. Yesterday we had 10 adults and 6 kids!

The Saturday before Easter our church helps sponsor the Easter Sun Run, a race to benefit Youth Horizons. It is a huge event that we love to help out with.

My good friends, Rashelle and Karie ran their first 2 mile race and they did a great job! Look at the determination on Rashelle's face!



Easter morning my parents and sisters come to church with us and this year they all stayed for lunch. We also had other friends stay as well. We consider them family on Easter because they've come so many years. We ate lunch and then had an egg hunt in the back yard.

We had a lot of great after-egg activities going on. (I don't know why that is underlined - I can't get it to stop!)

This is David. He's a 7 year Easter alum. (Sorry again!)


I'm not sure there's anything better than getting dirty in fancy dresses.




Above are pictures of my wonderful family. My youngest sister, Patricia, is on the far left, and my other sister, Sarah, is in the middle. The top picture includes their cousins Cooper and Peyton. My brother-in-law, Stephen, was also there, but his eyes were closed in all my pictures.


I love Easter because its a time to remember and celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. All these other activities are great, but that is by far the most important. Thanks everyone, for celebrating with us!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure Rashelle will just LOVE you posting that pic. :) It was great seeing you on Saturday at the run....always our favorite run of the year.
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! So glad you caught a picture of Rashelle and not me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually think its a great picture of Rashelle! That's a victory cry, not a look of pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure if that is determination on my face or me saying hey don't take my picture. Either way you are a good friend to cheer us on and care enough to document it. So sad we missed Easter with you AGAIN this year! I would have loved to jump on the trampoline in my Easter dress too. Maybe the 3 of us can shoot for next year?

    ReplyDelete