Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tea for Two


The girls got a small tea set for Christmas from their Grandma Elisabeth. Every morning for the last week they woke up saying, "I want to play with our tea set!" Every night they went to bed saying, "Awww...we forgot to play with our tea set!" Its not that I didn't want them to play with it, I really did, but its made of ceramic. That means, if I want them to have it next week, there has to be constant supervision.

I loved playing tea with my sisters. We had a tea set that my mom brought back from Brazil. I knew they would enjoy it too. So, I planned the big tea party for today. I baked cookies, got out a cheery table cloth, and pulled out the tea sets.

They loved it! Emma told me she didn't like tea and Taylor dipped her cookies in water. They spilled multiple times as they filled their own tiny cups. This was anything but a proper English tea! We had sophisticated talk about princesses and ballerinas and Emma asked me to take a break to teach them some dance moves! I declined and offered to do it another time. All in all, I'd say it went pretty well.




No comments:

Post a Comment