Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Kindergarten Update

The girls have been in school for almost a month now and I felt like I should write an update.  I will first update on me.

I'm going to substitute teach a few days a week this year.  You know, slowly ease back in to the working world.  Unfortunately, the processing of my paper work has taken a really long time.  That has given me three weeks without kids, with nothing to do!  I had big plans for myself.  I was going to tackle all those things that I never got to five years ago when I became a stay-at-home mom.

Well, three weeks later and I  still have not tackled those things.  I think its safe to say I can take them off my list.  They are not going to get done.  I am also really looking forward to working a few days a week.  I'm pretty bored.  Oh, I have things to do, just no motivation to do them. 

The girls are doing great in school.  They haven't experienced any separation anxiety from one another.  Really the only problem we're having is jealousy about what's happening in the other classroom.  If one gets birthday treats, the other is upset that they didn't get any.  If one did something fun, the other is upset because they didn't do the same thing.


These are some observations of my children that don't surprise me.  Taylor will tell me every detail of the day.  She plays with everyone.  She follows every rule.  She wants to be everybody's friend.  She is people pleaser, just like me.  Taylor has responded to school exactly as I thought she would.


Emma can't remember a single thing that she did during the day.  She doesn't eat much at school.  She plays with a few of the same people every day.  She won't talk about it, but I know she's learning because I'll see her practicing letter sounds when no one is looking.  Emma has surprised me by adjusting so well to school.

They still look out for one another.  They look for each other at lunch.  They have to run a lap before playing at recess.  If one gets out first and runs a lap, she'll run a second one just so she can be with her sister.  I think that's pretty sweet.

1 comment:

  1. that's really cute about the laps! :) yay for no separation anxiety! an answer to prayer! and yay for chucking your to-do list! i think we SAHM's should have a monthly list-chucking ceremony or something. :)

    ReplyDelete