Friday, August 17, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten - Mommy's Point of View

Today was the first day of Kindergarten. 

I can't believe these little girls...
have turned into these big girls.

I admit, the weeks leading up to this day have been hard on me.  I haven't talked about it much because every time I did I would start to cry.  I know that there is emotion every time a parent sends their child to school for the first time, but I think our situation made it even more difficult for me.

First, we had to decide whether to keep the girls together or to put them in separate classes.  We chose to put them in different classes because Emma is very dependent on Taylor.  I was worried because Emma already has separation anxiety with me and now we were taking Taylor away also.

I think I also was extra sad because, although we have two children, instead of starting years apart, they were starting at the same time.  Its possible that we won't have any more kids.  Both of my kids were going away at the same time.  This is really the beginning of the end.  I know that's a grim way to look at it, but hey, I'm being honest.

There is no doubt in my mind that, academically, they are ready for school.  I could not be any more pleased with the school they are going to.  God has orchestrated the school, the teachers, the kids in their classes.  He is in control.  I am not.  All I can do is pray that they will make good choices and that this year they will begin to become the people God wants them to be.  I also pray that they will pick good friends, be respectful to their teachers, and will stand up for what is right.  I also pray that people won't pick on them.   I don't know why, but I worry about that.






They both did great this morning.  They gave hugs, kisses, and let me go without incident.  They were ready.  It turns out I was more ready than I thought I was.  I didn't shed a tear.





They've been at school for two hours now.  I wonder how they're doing.

Part of my fear of kindergarten is that they would grow up too fast.  Immediately change from little girls.  I experienced great peace when they decided to keep their princess backpacks from last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment