Monday, January 16, 2012

Emma Mae

I am a week and a half from my one year blog anniversary.  I love reading back through the year to relive  the fun and the not so fun moments of our lives.  Looking back though, I see a lot about Emma.  A lot of it, not so flattering of her.  True, she is more of a challenge than I hoped for as a parent, but it gives me a lot to write about.  She brings out emotions in me that are hard to ignore.  They get stuck in the crevices of my mind as I try to figure out what kind of parent she needs me to be.  How can I make her life more successful?  Well, anyway, I wanted to write a post that highlights some the attributes I love about her.

*She is super snugly when she wakes up.  In the morning, or from naps.
*She loves shiney, flashy things.  Cars, clothes, jewelry, rocks.  If it sparkles, she needs it.
*Her favorite foods are anything sweet.  She takes after her momma in this area.  She can eat sweets like a    champion.
*She has a great sense of humor, but doesn't realize it.  She gets embarrassed if people laugh at her.  I hope she can see that as a good thing, someday.
*Emma has incredible confidence in her own sense of style.  It never matches, but she doesn't mind.  She wears what she likes.
*She loves to dance and does so freely.  She moves however the music takes her.
*She responds well to positive reinforcement.  Now I just need to remember to do it.
*Emma loves doing art.  Drawing, cutting, gluing, painting, stickers.  She loves it all.  She created a whole paper princess that she actually played with until the dogs ate it.
*She is very strong-willed.  This is what causes a lot of the conflict, but if we can develop it properly, it can make her a very strong leader and help her stand her ground when she's older.

God made her a twin, but yet, a unique, special individual.  I look forward to seeing who she becomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment