Friday, February 4, 2011

Families Intersect

I am a very sentimental person. I crave tradition. I come from a family that is connected closely at all times. We are "all up in everybody's business". My husband jokes that his family doesn't talk about anything, but my family talks about too much. I think what we have is pretty special. I have too many great memories to discuss now, but I'm sure they will be brought up in the future.

Tuesday, I had a special moment that brought sweet feelings to my soul. I was baking cookies with my girls, using my mom's favorite recipe, wearing my husband's mother's old shirt and cleaning up with Palmolive. I don't ever buy Palmolive, but it was on sale after Christmas. I didn't think about it, but as soon as I smelled it, I thought of my grandparents. They used Palmolive.


I actually don't like the smell that well, but I love my grandparents. So, I like it. My cookies didn't turn out like my mom's, but I can work on that. The shirt is a little thinner than it used to be, but still, I'd say Alabama made pretty sturdy shirts. The point is, I loved how so many important people in my life, generations apart, all came together in that one sweet moment. I love my family and the things that remind me of them.

Martha is the the pretty one in the gray and black shirt. And yeah, that's really Alabama.


This is a copied page from a very old Betty Crocker cook book. Those are cookie dough stains on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment