Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Aprehensive Beginning

Well, I've done it. I've entered the world of blogging. I have wanted to do it for a while, but have hesitated for several reasons.

1. My life is not exciting. What if I'm too boring? I read blogs about pioneer women and crafters. You know the kind - the ones who grow their own food and create personalized masterpieces as gifts. I stay at home with two three year olds. I don't take extravagant vacations or make gourmet meals from scratch.

2. I don't take great pictures. Blogs are beautiful and filled with wonderful photos to accompany the stories. My pictures aren't awful - you can see the heads of all the people, most of the time, but they're not artistic and cool.

3. I don't have a common theme for a blog. I like to save money, but I'm not going to create a whole site about it. I don't know enough about any one topic to educate the masses on a website.

All of that said, I've decided to do it anyway. I don't know if anyone will read this, but I've decided to do it for me. This could be a great tool in capturing the lives of my loved ones. I have done a terrible job keeping up on baby books and I'm definitely NOT a scrapbooker. I'll give this new-fangled technology a try. My pictures aren't artistic, but they do the job. I'm not an expert on anything except myself, and I don't think I want my life to be any more exciting than it is at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I could echo everything you said :) No common theme, no awesome pics, random posts, mostly my own family stuff. . . but it's a record for ME (and my family)! And your extended family can have an easy way to stay updated and connected.

    Happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun Alisha! I will enjoy staying up with you guys!

    ReplyDelete