Friday, August 2, 2013

Keystone State Park

This summer we have been out of town a lot.  Summer is a great time for Will to do work for family who live elsewhere.  Its nice because the girls and I are able to tag along and visit with family.  Because of this though, we hadn't done anything with just the four of us.  So I planned a spur of the moment trip to Keystone Lake in Oklahoma.  I mean very spur of the moment.  I planned it on a Wednesday and we arrived at the Lake on Sunday.  So spur of the moment, in fact, that I didn't look at a calendar and forgot about the girls having swimming lessons.  We (or maybe just me) really needed a break.

We booked a cabin because being pregnant, I didn't have any desire to sleep on the ground in a tent.  Its unfortunate, too, because the weather was perfect for tent camping.  I have really enjoyed our mild-weather summer.  Below is the view from the back porch on our cabin.  We had a huge open area where the kids could play and we were able to just sit and watch.  It was heavenly.  To make things even better, the cabin next door had a seven year old boy who played with girls the whole time.  It was almost like Will and I had the weekend off from parenting.

We took the girls to a special children's fishing pond.  I'm not actually certain there were any fish in there, but the girls still had a good time.
We made up for the missing swim lessons by swimming in the lake.  Yes, I know its muddy, but that made for very soft ground under our feet.
There wasn't a ton to do at this state park, but the lack of activity was just the uneventfulness we were looking for.


2 comments: