Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Kindergarten Music Program

Since summer is finally here,  I decided it was time to document the end of kindergarten.  I'm starting with a post about their end of the year music program.  It was a big deal for several reasons.  First, the performance was at a nearby middle school that had a real stage!  Unfortunately, the kindergartners were on risers on the floor.  They were sad because this meant that the stage lights didn't shine on them.  Second, they got to ride a bus to the school for a practice.  This was their first ride on a school bus.  They were really looking forward to it, and thankfully, the ride didn't disappoint.  I think they'd rather ride the bus to school than me take them.

The concert was a big deal to me for different reasons.  Emma and Taylor love to sing, dance, and put on performances, but they tend to have a severe case of stage fright when other people are around.  I was pretty nervous about how they would handle the crowd.  I had nothing to be afraid of.


 Look at the joy on Emma's face.  This was a far different child than the preschooler who refused to sing last year.  You can read more about that here.
I was so proud of my little girls who didn't seem so little anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment