Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day - A few days late!  We had a garage sale Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so we were all pretty worn out on actual Mother's Day.  I chose to spend the afternoon with us all taking a nap.  It was wonderful.  Yes, my kids were still awake at 10:00 last night, but those two hours in the afternoon were Heavenly. 

I wanted to take a moment to tell you about my mother.  I'm doing it in a poem.  That's what she said she wanted every Mother's Day growing up.

My mom is an incredible woman.
Seriously, one of the best.
She's a woman I'd love to be like,
She taught me to work and to rest.

My mom is accepting and loving.
She welcomes everyone into her home.
He listening ear is always available.
Far from her, I never would roam.

My mom is amazing in the kitchen.
Her chocolate chip cookies can't be beat.
Her meatloaf and fried chicken - mmmm.
And her chili has just the right heat.

My mom lead by example with money.
She showed how important it was to save.
You can find good things wherever.
Now garage sales and thrift stores I crave.

My mom loves the Lord deeply,
He puts a song in her heart.
She passed that song down to me,
Teaching me God's love from the start.

I love you, Mom!  Happy Mother's Day!











No comments:

Post a Comment